I'm among Spain's top 20 coaches' - Barca coach Luis Enrique hits back at La Liga award omission

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has hit back at the organizers of the La Liga award after he was left out of the nominees for the coach of the year award despite leading his team to the La Liga title last season.


Enrique says he considers himself among the top 20 best coaches in the Spanish top flight after his players boycotted the award ceremony, and  the best coach award which he wasn't nominated for was won by Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone.

Asked about not being a finalist, the 46-year-old joked .
"That's a very good question. I believe I'm amongst the 20 best coaches, Because there are only 20 coaches in the Primera Division."
He continued:
 "I didn't have an invitation but, still, you already know I don't normally attend these kinds of events. As for the players [that were absent too] you better ask them. Nevertheless, I do not think that should be the most important thing. The key is improving Spanish football and that's what the directors should be focused on."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformers: The Last Knight Explains Nicola Peltz’s Absence

Why I signed with Glo - Wizkid

MUSIC: Plufix – Eri Won So ft. SuperWozzy